Edit form loads slowly

Jan 3, 2013 at 12:07 PM

Hi,

thank you for a great solution, it works well in my environment (SPF2010) but unfortunately the edit form loads very slowly (more than 3 minutes!) when a list has more than 50 fields.

Default or custom edit form (without custom permisssions) are loading quickly, in a few seconds.

Can you suggest what might be the cause or how to speed up the loading ?

Regards,
Joanna

Coordinator
Jan 19, 2013 at 8:16 PM

Hello. Please try to send me info if you are adding to permission settings AD groups or SharePoint Groups or only users. And if AD groups if your structure is complicated? Many sub AD groups and so on. On my Enviroment I have list with more then 50 columns and permission setting is setup on about 15 columns and there is no problem with the speed. Maybe the problem is that you have too much complicated AD.Hmm... Can you send me more info. Thank you

Jan 21, 2013 at 1:13 PM

Thanks for your reply.
I don't use AD groups, only SharePoint groups.

My list has exactly 76 fields. 26 of them are External Data fields, others single line of text, numbers and choices.
Permissions for this list are assigned to 3 SharePoint groups. Each group contains 2,3 people.

Assigning custom permissions even for one field, causes edit form to open slower. The more fields with custom permissions, the slower the form opens. With 10 fields it takes about 2 minutes. I tried adding permissions only for users, but the problem remained. And it doesn't matter, to which fields permissions are added.

My AD structure isn't complicated, max 3 sub groups.

Thanks.

Coordinator
Jan 21, 2013 at 1:37 PM
Hello.
Thank you for info. What does it mean 26 of then are External Data fields. Thank you
Sent: Monday, January 21, 2013 2:13 PM
To: [email removed]
Subject: Re: Edit form loads slowly [SPColumnPermission:428371]

Thanks for your reply.
I don't use AD groups, only SharePoint groups.

My list has exactly 76 fields. 26 of them are External Data fields, others single line of text, numbers and choices.
Permissions for this list are assigned to 3 SharePoint groups. Each group contains 2,3 people.

Assigning custom permissions even for one field, causes edit form to open slower. The more fields with custom permissions, the slower the form opens. With 10 fields it takes about 2 minutes. I tried adding permissions only for users, but the problem remained. And it doesn't matter, to which fields permissions are added.

My AD structure isn't complicated, max 3 sub groups.

Thanks.

Jan 21, 2013 at 2:05 PM

These fields are mapped to external lists (26 lists based on external content types, created with BCS), to show content from external database.

Joanna