Permissions do not persist when saved as a site template

Nov 17, 2012 at 11:10 PM

I needed to use this in a site template.  When I set the permissions, they do not get saved in the template.  This is a real inconvenience for me!

I tried saving the template both with and without the content, and had the same problem.

Is there a way to set these with powershell?

Coordinator
Nov 21, 2012 at 9:26 PM

Hello. The problem is that you must also export settings. All Settings for site is saved to property bag for proper site collection. Please try to use property bag for sharepoint 2010 and go to your site collection. All settings for this feature start with SPGUYS_xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx. So if you want to export this you must also export all rows from property bag. Thank you
PS: In future I will prepare some export settings for this.

Nov 21, 2012 at 9:30 PM
Thank you, Mr. enti, you are just in time! I have to deploy this, and if I can't export the settings for this addon within the template, I'll have to do it manually for over 100 sites (very painful)

Can I export the "property bag" from the browser's sharepoint UI? How do I do that? I've never had deal with a "property bag" before.

On 11/21/2012 3:27 PM, enti333 wrote:

Hello. The problem is that you must also export settings. All Settings for site is saved to property bag for proper site collection. Please try to use property bag for sharepoint 2010 and go to your site collection. All settings for this feature start with SPGUYS_xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx. So if you want to export this you must also export all rows from property bag. Thank you

Coordinator
Nov 21, 2012 at 10:37 PM
Hello. The problem is that you not only need to export these settings you need also import them. I don’t know about any of tool that this can. I can write some tool for this but the problem is that this take some time (2-3 days) and I don’t have time for this. So only chance to this is to do this manually. But at weekend I will check if there no possibility to do this somehow and I will let you know. Thanks
Sent: Wednesday, November 21, 2012 10:30 PM
To: [email removed]
Subject: Re: Permissions do not persist when saved as a site template [SPColumnPermission:403625]

Thank you, Mr. enti, you are just in time! I have to deploy this, and if I can't export the settings for this addon within the template, I'll have to do it manually for over 100 sites (very painful)

Can I export the "property bag" from the browser's sharepoint UI? How do I do that? I've never had deal with a "property bag" before.

On 11/21/2012 3:27 PM, enti333 wrote: