Item level permission integration with Infopath browser enabled form

Sep 20, 2012 at 5:10 PM

Thank you for your tool ,this has helped us tremendously in our organisation. I have been using the previous version so far and I have ran into one issue. We are trying to make our forms looks prettier by using Infopath 2010 but I found out that this tool doesn't work on Infopath forms ,will the new version work ? Do you have any idea as to how to solve the problem ?

Sep 20, 2012 at 5:44 PM

Now I ran into a different issue , when i click on column permission ( after installing the newer version on a test server ) I am gettting User cannot be found error . Do you know anything about this ?

Coordinator
Sep 20, 2012 at 5:47 PM
Hello. I am sorry but this is not possible because infopath forms work little different. Thank you
But you can modify design of your forms with SharePoint designer or you can create custom forms.
Sent: Thursday, September 20, 2012 6:10 PM
To: [email removed]
Subject: Item level permission integration with Infopath browser enabled form [SPColumnPermission:396277]

Thank you for your tool ,this has helped us tremendously in our organisation. I have been using the previous version so far and I have ran into one issue. We are trying to make our forms looks prettier by using Infopath 2010 but I found out that this tool doesn't work on Infopath forms ,will the new version work ? Do you have any idea as to how to solve the problem ?

Coordinator
Sep 20, 2012 at 5:48 PM
The new version will be available this weekend. But please send to me info about this user which doesn’t work. Is this user also in some SharePoint group or only in AD group I need some more info about this user. Thank you
Sent: Thursday, September 20, 2012 6:44 PM
Subject: Re: Item level permission integration with Infopath browser enabled form [SPColumnPermission:396277]

Now I ran into a different issue , when i click on column permission ( after installing the newer version on a test server ) I am gettting User cannot be found error . Do you know anything about this ?

Sep 20, 2012 at 5:52 PM

Thank you for your prompt reply , I used http://spcolumnpermission.codeplex.com/workitem/577 to get rid of my second problem. Only if Infopath would work. but thank you 

Coordinator
Sep 20, 2012 at 6:07 PM
Hello. Thank you. I will test SPCurrentUser but right now I am not sure why I have not used this. I think that there was some problem with this. I am very sorry but tool can not be used in infopath. Thank you for bug report. Thanks
Sent: Thursday, September 20, 2012 6:52 PM
Subject: Re: Item level permission integration with Infopath browser enabled form [SPColumnPermission:396277]

Thank you for your prompt reply , I used http://spcolumnpermission.codeplex.com/workitem/577 to get rid of my second problem. Only if Infopath would work. but thank you

Sep 20, 2012 at 6:11 PM

Do you know of any other tool or means to add item level permission to InfoPath forms ?

Jimmy Dharia

Please be advised that this transmittal, including any attachments, may be a confidential communication or may otherwise be privileged or proprietary. If you are not the intended recipient, please do not read, use, copy, or re-transmit this communication. Please delete this message and any attachments and notify its sender of the errant delivery. Thank you in advance for your cooperation and assistance.
Coordinator
Sep 20, 2012 at 8:57 PM
Hello. If you use infopath I think that this will not be possible and I don’t know about any tool. Please can you tell why you need infopath. I was working on many projects and every time I have used custom forms and the result was better then in InfoPath...Thank you
Sent: Thursday, September 20, 2012 7:11 PM

Do you know of any other tool or means to add item level permission to InfoPath forms ?

Jimmy Dharia

Please be advised that this transmittal, including any attachments, may be a confidential communication or may otherwise be privileged or proprietary. If you are not the intended recipient, please do not read, use, copy, or re-transmit this communication. Please delete this message and any attachments and notify its sender of the errant delivery. Thank you in advance for your cooperation and assistance.