Upgrading to Recent Version

Feb 3, 2014 at 5:19 PM
I have a Custom List onto which I have assigned permissions for views - I think the view permissions is causing the page to load very slowly - so I decided that I want to try the most recent version of the solution to see if it fixes anything (I had an older copy from 2012).

Now, I understand that in order to upgrade the solution, I have to first retract the solution and then redeploy it.

That's all fine and dandy, but can somebody who has done this please assure me that I don't have to go back over hundreds of lists and reset all the permissions? That would be horrible, especially since you cannot configure the view settings via powershell (doh!).
Coordinator
Feb 3, 2014 at 6:01 PM
Hello. Every permission stay on you sharepoint 2010 if you remove the old version. Permission can be deleted only manualny. After deactivating the feature the permission stay in property bag. Thanks
Feb 3, 2014 at 7:33 PM
Thanks, enti. You have helped me before, and I appreciate it.
Feb 3, 2014 at 8:53 PM

If anyone needs this, here is a batch file that will perform the upgrade. Just save this code as a batch file and then drag the wsp file onto the batch file.

@echo off
setlocal
set sts="C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Server Extensions\14\BIN\STSADM.EXE"

set filename=%1
set nameofwsp=%~nx1
set /p nameofwsp=Enter Name of Solution: %nameofwsp%
echo %nameofwsp%

@echo on
%sts% -o upgradesolution -f "%filename%" -name "%nameofwsp%" -immediate -allowGacDeployment
::%sts% -o execadmsvcjobs
@echo off
echo "All Done. Push Enter to close window."
pause
Coordinator
Feb 4, 2014 at 9:55 AM
Hello. Every permission stay on you sharepoint 2010 if you remove the old version. Permission can be deleted only manualny. After deactivating the feature the permission stay in property bag. Thanks