It's not working. Help, please.

Feb 16, 2013 at 3:01 PM
Hi,

I installed this app but it’s not working. Users can edit the form despite the configuration. They are set read-only but they can edit and save the form.

Help, please.
Thanks in advanced.
Feb 16, 2013 at 8:34 PM
Did you make sure to disable the Metadata Navigation and Filtering? If you don't disable it then the view permissions won't be set.
Feb 19, 2013 at 8:28 PM
Hi BGM,

How can I disable the Metadata Navigation and Filtering?

Thanks in advanced.
Coordinator
Feb 19, 2013 at 8:37 PM
Hello ramon. I think that this will not helps you but you can disable this if you go to Site Actions -> Site Settings -> Manage site features. There is option Metadata Navigation and Filtering. Please try to send me info which sharepoint do you have and what you have specified in permissions settings: Users, SharePoint Group or Active Directory Group...Hmm...Thank you
Feb 20, 2013 at 1:29 PM
Edited Feb 20, 2013 at 1:30 PM
Hi enti333,

We have SharePoint 2010 RTM (14.0.4763.1000) in English with the Spanish language pack installed. We have a custom task list and we want to:
  1. Disable the editing of 3 fields once the task is created for everybody except for one group.
  2. Allow a specific a SharePoint Group called “Managers” to edit and/or save the form after its creation.
In other words, only one user from the Managers group can edit and/or save those 3 fields. Everybody else can only “read them”.

How can I do that?

Thanks in advanced.