No Views in pull-down list

Sep 18, 2012 at 12:56 AM
Edited Sep 18, 2012 at 1:13 AM

I installed the 1.3 version of this solution and activated it on our site. However, for all of the Lists in the site I do not get any views available for any users. The default view loads when you select the table, but then if you click on the drop down list to see all the views available there is nothing displayed, not even the choice to modify the current view. It doesn't show any pull-down list at all. I could use some help debugging this. Thanks!

I should also note that after I retract the column and view permissions solution and then run remove-spsolution then the views all become available again. So, I'm certain it is this solution that is causing all the views to disappear. I am only using one other custom solution for this site, Batch Edit. I don't know if there is a conflict, but that seems pretty unlikely since the batch Edit solution doesn't touch permissions at all.

I have not tried the 1.1 or 1.2 versions.

Coordinator
Oct 2, 2012 at 5:14 AM

Hello. Please try to test newest version 1.5 for this problem. If you have still the problem with this please send me info which sharepoint version do you use? Thank you

Oct 10, 2012 at 5:09 AM

Thanks so much for the reply and also for your hard work on this project. Version 1.5 works perfectly. We now only see the views in the pull-down list that we have rights to see. No more blank list of views. Keep up the good work! For future reference, we are using this with Sharepoint Foundation 2010.