DispForm Hidden Field not Work

Aug 20, 2012 at 7:35 PM

Hidden field for dispform not work for me.

Coordinator
Aug 20, 2012 at 8:03 PM

Hello. Please be more correct. Which sharepoint do you have? Have you tested also to add only user or only group? Which group? AD or SharePoint?
Please I need more info and after that I can test evrything. Thank you

Nov 7, 2012 at 1:08 AM
Edited Nov 7, 2012 at 1:10 AM

It sounds like I'm having a similar problem so I'll add my configuration and observations here. I am using SharePoint 2010 Foundation. We have a table that has a number field that I want to set column permissions on. I set the New Form, Edit Form, and the Display Form/Views/Alerts to all be hidden for regular users. I have tried adding an AD group, a Sharepoint Group, and my name directly to the Hidden permissions for all 3 types of permissions. Interestingly, the column is hidden properly from the Views. However, the View Form and Edit forms still show the field. I can even change the number in the edit field and it is saved. I tried setting Read Only for the Edit form and I could still edit the number and save it. So, column permissions in views are working perfectly, but column permissions in forms are not. I should also note that I originally installed version 1.2, then 1.5, and now 1.6. Each time I did a Retract, Remove, and then Add and Deploy to upgrade. Let me know if you have any ideas on how to resolve this.

And thank you again for making this very useful SP Solution. The View Permissions alone has been invaluable for the project I'm working on. Getting the Column permissions working would be the icing on top.

Coordinator
Nov 21, 2012 at 8:28 PM

Hello. I will test this problem this weekend and I will try solution for this problem. Thank you

Jan 2, 2013 at 11:24 AM

Hi,

I found this solution simply awesom initiative, but here I just wana asked about some read only issue, I am facing same issue as mentioned in above post. I am giving read only rights on Edit form for few fields but its still shwowing these fields in edit mode. I am stucked here kindly help me out.

Regards

Danish Khan